NutrEval® Test from Genova Diagnostics
The NutrEval Profile consists of:
- Metabolic Analysis measuring 46 key organic acids to evaluate gastrointestinal function, cellular energy production, neurotransmitter processing, and functional need for vitamins, minerals, and co-factors.
- Amino Acid Analysis measuring 30 amino acids to evaluate dietary protein adequacy, digestion, absorption, amino acid transport, metabolic impairments, and nutritional deficits; including essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
- Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acid Assessment measures the levels of fatty acids in red blood cell membranes that affect cellular communication and the inflammatory cascade.
- Elemental Analysis in red blood cells is a reliable means to identify short-term toxic metal exposure and to evaluate intracellular nutrient mineral status.
- Oxidative Stress Analysis is a sensitive tool to evaluate the body’s anti-oxidant reserves, the presence of oxidative injury, and CoQ10.
- Homocysteine can be used as a biochemical marker for certain nutritional deficiencies (vitamin B12, folic acid and vitamin B6). It also serves as an independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease, and is implicated in a number of other conditions.
- Vitamin D (25-OH Vitamin D) 25-hydroxycholecalciferol is the principle circulating derivative of vitamin D and the precursor to the active form 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol. As well as playing a vital role in maintaining bone health, Vitamin D is critical for immune function and deficiencies are associated with many serious illnesses.